A new model for living out your faith
Looking for another way to do church? There’s a new way of doing church, and it’s taking North America by storm! The growing house church movement is tapping into the desire of Christians everywhere to meet the needs of their communities in a way traditional churches cannot, offering community and simplicity. Here, a recognized authority on the house church movement and a popular speaker and pastor share their expertise in starting and maintaining a healthy house church. Together, they look at current and future trends in the house church movement and provide best practice models for planting and leading house churches. They explore how house churches are not always the same as simple cell groups or small groups, especially in the areas of leadership and money. You will discover why the most effective way to evangelize is to start new house churches. Then, you find all the information you need to begin a house church in your community.
This definitive book describes the trends in the growing movement. It will appeal to Baby Boomer believers who want to influence their communities for Christ, as well as pastors, church planters, church resource centers, conference attendees, and youth leaders. 20- to 39-year-old Christians will be interested in this different way of “doing church.”
- There’s a New Kind of Church Emerging
- Different Kinds of Churches for Different Kinds of People
- The Most Effective Way to Evangelize: Start New Churches
- The Role of Spiritual Fathers and Mothers
- Our Measuring Stick: The Vibrant, Early Church Model
- What Does a House Church Look Like?
- Every Generation Needs Their Own Form of Church
- How to “Be the Church”
- How to Start a House Church
- Children in House Church
- Guess Who’s Leading the Way?
- House Churches in North America
- What About Leadership?
- Pitfalls to Avoid
- House, Community and Megachurches Working Together
eBook available here
This Kindle eBook can be read on any device, including your smartphone!
When it comes to church today, one size doesn’t fit all. Most of us find our church home in a building with a pastor and a congregation. But a rapidly growing number of believers are moving away from traditional churches. This excellent book explains why and what can be done about it. C. Peter Wagner, Presiding Apostle, International Coalition of Apostles